Author Topic: Dominion Sword guide  (Read 5381 times)

Offline KeepBotting

• Donor
  • Team #1337Hax
    • View Profile
    • KeepBotting - powerbot
Dominion Sword guide
« on: August 24, 2014, 09:20:04 PM »

Look at that sexy beast. You know you want it. This guide will tell you how.

the Dominion Sword guide!

or...

so you want a Dominion Sword, eh?

or...

you fool...

wait a second...
or...
why the hell would I even want a Dominion Sword?
Spoiler
Aside from the fact that it looks completely badass, it also provides a +150 bonus to both slash and strength, making this one of the single most powerful weapons in the game.
The sword's special attack has been reported to hit well over 60!

Note: though the sword may appear one-handed, the sheer power of this weapon renders your left hand useless whilst holding it.

alright, I'm hooked.
or...
how do I start?
Spoiler
Steel your nerves. Getting the Dominion Sword is going to require a bit of dedication. The sword is assembled from 5 mysterious pieces, which can be obtained by doing different activities in hades5.

Obtaining the pieces revolves mainly around combat.
You'll receive the pieces from, in order: Castle wars, the Zombies minigame, player-killing, the Nex Games, and finally the Howl of Death / Assassin minigame.

The only pieces that can be obtained without the use of combat are Castle wars (1) and player-killing (3).

wow, that's a lot.
or...
what can I do to make it easier?
Spoiler
Get an alt. In fact, get two alts. It'll help immensely.
While boosting pk points is against the rules, boosting Castle wars tickets or Assassin tickets is thankfully not.
You'll need two accounts to boost in Castle wars, and at least three to boost in the Howl of Death (the more the better).

Max out combat, and invest in some good armor. Bandos or primal is a must, along with a primal rapier or some Vesta longswords. Buy a dragonfire shield as well.
You're going to be killing stuff, so don't cheap out on gear and make it harder than it needs to be.

Get 99 range, and buy a void set, alerter, rune crossbow, and a few dragon bolts (e).
The Zombies minigame is safespottable, so you'll need halfway decent ranged gear to take full advantage of it.

Start saving up a donor ticket/vote tokens now if you don't plan on actually pking your way to piece #3.
Vote twice a day (every 12 hours) and you'll be there in no time.

sweet! I'm ready.
or...
I have no idea what I'm getting into.
Spoiler
Nah, you're probably ready. If you've prepared properly, it won't be unduly hard.
You can throw all your stuff in the bank for right now, and log your alt in. We're going to Castle wars to get piece 1.

I'll see you there.

the first piece.
or...
boosting the hell out of Castle wars.
Spoiler

This is probably the easiest piece to get. It involves boosting your way through 25 Castle wars games.
Log your alt in, join opposite teams, wait until the game starts, then forfeit the match. The account that's being boosted will receive one Castle wars ticket. Rinse and repeat.
The mysterious piece itself can be bought from Lanthus in the Castle wars lobby.

25 games later...

the second piece.
or...
safespotting the zombie apocalypse.
Spoiler

This piece is slightly more challenging. It requires actual combat, so get your halfway decent ranged gear that we talked about earlier.

To play the Zombies minigame, you must be in a clan chat, and to initiate a game, you must be the owner of the clan chat.
So create a clan if you haven't already, and join the chat.

Obtaining this piece involves killing 250 zombies within the Zombies minigame. Ten zombie kills = 1 point, and 25 points = one mysterious piece 2.
Safespotting is the easiest way to accomplish this. Whilst safespotting, 250 kills is doable in 2 or 3 games.

The safespot is located directly east of the teleport point, on either of the two walkable squares behind the green tendrils.
While safespotting, it is recommended to have auto-retaliate turned off and to not click the same zombie more than once, or your character will move out from the safespot and run the risk of being instantly killed.

It would also be beneficial to only kill the level 18/24/25 zombies, as they are easily killable in a few hits and provide the same amount of points as the level 79/129/159's.
You can snag a mysterious piece 2 from Leo at ::trade.

One zombie apocalypse later...

the third piece.
or...
time to buy some pk points.
Spoiler

The difficulty of obtaining piece number three varies widely. However, being wealthy greatly decreases the effort required.

This section won't go into detail on the hard way (killing players), as I am not a pker and have little knowledge of the subject.

The fastest & easiest way to get your hands on a mysterious piece 3 is to buy the pk points, with either donor tickets or vote tokens.

One donor ticket or donor point can be redeemed at Sir Amik Varze's donation shop for well over the amount required to purchase piece #3.
However, redeeming four vote tokens at Lucien's vote shop would be necessary to attain the required amount of pk points.

Generally, vote tokens is cheaper, however prices do change, and you're encouraged to check the price guide before committing to either method.
Once you're finished slaying your fellow players, pick up a mysterious piece 3 from Jossik's pk shop at ::home.

A couple dead players later...

the fourth piece.
or...
quit now.
Spoiler

I'll be forthright: this is going to suck. Finding piece number 4 involves chest runs. Maybe a few, maybe a lot. This is generally regarded as the hardest piece to find.

The reason this sucks so much is because nothing's guaranteed. The drop rate is unknown. It can be hard to scrape together enough players to attempt a chest run. The risk of dying is quite high if you're not properly prepared.

Only when attempting to find a mysterious piece 4 will you receive a primal item from the chest and groan in frustration.

I'm not going to go in detail on how chest runs work, if you want to read up on it, the Wiki is a good place to go.

Once the Nex Games have decided to be nice to you, a mysterious piece 4 will be deposited into your inventory.

A widely varied amount of chest runs later...

the fifth piece.
or...
yet more boosting.
Spoiler

Well, here we are. The last piece of the Dominion Sword. You're almost there.
This section gets progressively easier as you throw more accounts into the equation, so log all your alts in and maybe even recruit other players to help you.
Be aware that the server limits you to 3 logins per MAC address.

Once you've got all of your accounts ready, get them to the Duel arena and talk to the Assassin. Enter the minigame and wait for the game to start.
Note that if there are less than three players in the lobby, the game will not start and the timer will reset after hitting 0.

You gain a random amount of Assassin tickets each time you kill a player, anywhere from one to five. Therefore, the longest it could possibly take (assuming you're only using three accounts and you always recieve one ticket per kill) is 13 games.
The actual figure will be substantially smaller, as you will definitely receive more than two tickets in most games.

Once the game starts, each player will be teleported to a random location and assigned an opponent.
The trick is to only kill other players on the account you wish to boost.
Each time you kill your target, you're assigned a new one, so it's entirely possible for one player to kill all of the others, and claim 100% of the Assassin tickets for that round.

You may purchase a mysterious piece 5 from the Assassin at the Duel arena.

Once you've committed pseudo-suicide enough times...

once you've got all five pieces...
Spoiler

Use the pieces on each other to create the legendary Dominion Sword.
Its special attack uses 50% of the special bar and can hit upwards of 60 on a player.
The sword is degradable and will eventually turn to dust.

Please post anything I may have forgotten.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:10:52 PM by KeepBotting »

Offline A Noob

• hades5's sexiest admin/stalker
  • Administrators
  • if you look closely, there is no H
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Sword guide
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 10:04:19 PM »
Nice guide, I like the style of it. :)

Offline KeepBotting

• Donor
  • Team #1337Hax
    • View Profile
    • KeepBotting - powerbot
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 10:27:26 PM »
Nice guide, I like the style of it. :)
thx mum

Offline Roku

• hades5's token Kiwi Mod
  • Donor
  • Nui Pai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 10:50:35 PM »
Nice guide. :D

Spoiler
Such spoiler.
Much click.
Very drop.
Wow.

Offline KeepBotting

• Donor
  • Team #1337Hax
    • View Profile
    • KeepBotting - powerbot
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 11:11:06 PM »
Nice guide. :D

Spoiler
Such spoiler.
Much click.
Very drop.
Wow.
ty bb

Offline Mojos Cuz

• Ex- Head-OMM
  • Donor
  • Life's either a daring adventure or nothing at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 06:57:22 PM »
You've proved yourself worthy of joining the badass guide club, Congratulations you are member Number 3!

Nice Guide

Offline KeepBotting

• Donor
  • Team #1337Hax
    • View Profile
    • KeepBotting - powerbot
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 06:58:32 PM »
You've proved yourself worthy of joining the badass guide club, Congratulations you are member Number 3!

Nice Guide
I'm honored :)

Offline Gmauled

• Call me Chris.
  • Donor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 11:17:24 PM »
best guide I've seen in all my time on this game gz

Offline KeepBotting

• Donor
  • Team #1337Hax
    • View Profile
    • KeepBotting - powerbot
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 11:26:30 PM »
best guide I've seen in all my time on this game gz
woot thanks

Offline Blakeboss/R E E C E

• Aussie 3 year vet. 13th March 2011.
  • Donor
  • I'm the best in the world at everything I do
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 08:40:55 AM »
This is hilariously a good guide

Offline KeepBotting

• Donor
  • Team #1337Hax
    • View Profile
    • KeepBotting - powerbot
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 01:01:46 PM »

Offline ßeaming ✔

• heh.. hey guys, hey.. RHIONCÉ. GET IT? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LAUGH WITH ME PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME I NEED HELP
  • Donor
  • Mindful among the mindless
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 06:32:04 PM »
Missing color or literally anything to catch their eye once they get past the sword. It is very informative, but people don't like information shoved down their throats without it being entertaining.

Remember how far you've come, not just how far you have to go. You are not where you want to be, but neither are you where you used to be.

Offline KeepBotting

• Donor
  • Team #1337Hax
    • View Profile
    • KeepBotting - powerbot
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 06:59:54 PM »
Missing color or literally anything to catch their eye once they get past the sword. It is very informative, but people don't like information shoved down their throats without it being entertaining.
Good idea. I'll add some, thanks.

Offline Zelda

• Moderators
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 08:10:53 PM »

I think the text in itself is quite entertaining :) and the spoilers are eye catching but color would definitely add some more fun to this great guide. Good job  8)

Offline B

• Yeah. I'm also an Ex-mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 08:12:40 AM »
Very nice guide. I love the lay-out.